Psoriasis is referred to as a chronic skin ailment which occurs due to immunological, genetic as well as environmental factors. The red patches appear on the skin of the psoriasis sufferer. The most common areas where these skin patches appear include knees, elbows, scalp as well as genitals, under arms, arms and trunk. In the affected areas the sufferer feels itching as well as pain. Some environmental factors that can trigger psoriasis include, stress as well as some types of infections. If you know your trigger then you can save yourself from future flare-up of psoriasis. It is best to note down when a flare-up strikes and also add information regarding how you felt at that time. Usually a flare up may take place after every 10-14 days and knowing the cause of the previous flare up helps to avoid it from happening again.
Patient of psoriasis has to bear this disease for life but if the sufferer finds any effective psoriasis remedies to use on the skin, the symptoms can be diminished. The purpose of these remedies is to cure psoriasis, to get rid of rashes and also to diminish it. When remission of psoriasis takes place, then the lesions and other symptoms vanish. Sometimes the duration of remission can be few months or even years with no flare-up.
When you come to know that you are suffering from psoriasis the simply see a doctor and don’t panic. Treating the first signs is best before it spreads all over the body. One can find a huge variety of lubricants and creams. In order to achieve good results it is best to use these creams correctly with minimum side effects.
In majority of psoriasis cases the sun exposure can be useful. Psoriasis can be managed with UVB light therapy and also with the help of natural remedies. It is also said that the over exposure of sun is linked with aging and skin cancer so it is safe to opt for light therapy in a safe environment like clinic so that it can be carried out safely. As UVB radiation does not penetrate deep into the skin layers and so any chance of damage and complication to skin reduces.
If a psoriasis sufferer wants to achieve long term control over this disease then UVB phototherapy is the best option. I am sharing it as it helped me in clearing my skin clear. So, when I feel itching in skin I go for UVB therapy as a result of which itching vanishes immediately. In this way I keep stay away from psoriasis for long term.
No matter what treatment you are opting make sure to use skin moisturizers. For treating psoriasis one good alternate is using natural creams. One cannot predict the condition of psoriasis that even the most powerful recent medications cannot manage it. Those who suffer from this disease usually discover their own remedies to get rid of it instead of relying on harmful medicines.
Some products that gave good results include Dead Sea Products, emu oil as well as aloe vera. According to the research emu oil can penetrate into the deep layers of skin. There is nothing harmful in the contents of this oil like hormones or antibiotics and it provides the essential fats that normal skin cells require to carry out its function. Internal use of emu oil is also beneficial as it helps in reducing the inflammation of skin and symptoms of psoriasis. In the ancient Aloe Vera has been used for treating different skin problems including psoriasis. Aloe vera lotions and creams are considered as best natural choice for psoriasis cure.
In order to achieve long term relief it is not a good idea to treat psoriasis symptoms and strengthen your immune system. I have also tried emu oil capsules and aloe vera juice and both are quite effective.
Many psoriasis people claimed amazing results with swimming in the Dead Sea or using products of Dead Sea. Although with Dead Sea salts psoriasis cannot be fully healed but the symptoms can be reduced. This ingredient can be used in different forms like mud, creams, or bath products.
Psoriasis sufferers usually feel that they need to bring some alteration in life. As per scientific studies it is confirmed that stress can also make psoriasis worse and it can aggravate itching. Usually the first outbreak occurs due to a stressful event.
It is quite easy to control psoriasis by avoiding common causes of psoriasis like stress. Switch to another treatment if one does not work. One can overcome stress with the help of different options like exercise, meditation, exercise or involving in an enjoyable activity like listening to music or connecting with support group.
Avoiding certain food and eating more of some foods is a tip that most nutritionists and health care providers usually recommend in order to decrease inflammation that occurs due to psoriasis.
Water intake must be very high as it helps in hydrating the skin and even irritation can be avoided. Drinking 2 liters in a day is must.
There is no doubt that there are many options of medicines available to treat psoriasis but the fact is that none of these treatment options actually offer complete relief. Fortunately, there are some natural remedies for psoriasis and give better results as compared to medicines.
1. It has been proved that Epsom salt is a strong enemy against psoriasis. Its use can immediately relieve itching and pain. There is nothing difficult in this treatment as it only consists of bathing with Epsom salt. Fill the bath tub with warm water and add Epsom salt (half cup) in water. You can enjoy your bath for as long as you want.
2. Another beneficial natural remedy that can quickly relief psoriasis includes bitter gourd juice. The duration of this treatment is 6 months and it consists of a mixture of bitter gourd juice and one teaspoon of lime juice. Taking this mixture in the morning on empty stomach can give guaranteed results.
3. Bathing in seawater is also said to be effective for psoriasis cure. If you apply it on the affected parts then you can note instant relief from pain and itching.
4. We cannot ignore the importance of Vitamin D for our health. For maximum benefits the sunrays at the initial hours of the morning are best.
5. Psoriasis can be treated with cabbage as well. Wash the fresh leaves of a cabbage in cold water. After removing the thick veins you can apply over the red patches or affected areas. You can quickly observe its effects.
6. Using aloe vera gels directly on the affected skin can work efficiently. These gels can help you get rid of itching and pain.
7. The best quality of Vitamin E is that it can prevent the occurrence of psoriasis. So include food items that are Vitamin E rich.
8. Application of cashew oil and mudpacks over the patches can be beneficial. Another great natural remedy is use of garlic. All you need is to crush some fresh garlic then apply in on the red patches directly. For immediate relief this is an ideal option.
9. Here is an incredible remedy for psoriasis sufferers add 2 drops of calendula, a drop of oregano oil into a cup of olive oil. If you massage the affected parts of the skin with this mixture then you can feel instant relief.
10. Take a cup of sunflower oil and then add a teaspoon of wheat germ oil as well as one teaspoon of castor oil in it. Massage this lotion on the whole body two times a day.
11. Marigold is another great option. Take 4 cups of water and boil 3-4 marigold heads. Let it cool for a while and simply massage on the affected parts. This lotion is good for scalp also as it does not contain anything harmful.
12. Say ‘no’ to processed food and eat vegetables and fruits. Instead of large meals, eat at short intervals and small meals like 5-6 in a day.
Simply by following a psoriasis treatment plan, home remedies and living a healthy lifestyle, this condition can be made better. Usually the lesions of psoriasis occur temporarily and it can fade away if you stay away from stress.
While most of the methods stated above helped a lot, the one definitive method that made a huge difference is explained thoroughly by Katy in her natural psoriasis cure guide.
Filed under: Psoriasis